First, HAPPY HALLOWEEN/ TRICK OR TREAT/ TRICKS AND TREATS!!!
Ok, on to business… last weekend, I got some friends together and made 5 recipes from the list of 40 Restaurant Copycat Recipes that I posted earlier today. I followed them to the ‘T’ and then we all rated each on accuracy and of course taste. I made Olive Garden Salad, Chili’s Chicken Enchilada Soup, Marie Callender’s Cornbread (with honey butter), Starbucks Caramel Apple Cider and Starbucks Lemon Pound Cake. My husband and I loved the soup and lemon cake the best – they tasted really similar and were so good.
Here are the recipes and ratings (1-5, 5 being the best) for each:
Olive Garden Salad Copycat:
- Accuracy: 3 -Probably because I couldn’t find the actual salad recipe, just the dressing. For the salad, I used green leaf lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, parmesan cheese and croutons.
- Taste: 3.5 -It was your basic Italian dressing
Chili’s Chicken Enchilada Soup Copycat:
- Accuracy: 5 -Tasted just like it!
- Taste: 5 -And oh so yummy
Marie Callender’s Cornbread Copycat (with honey butter):
- Accuracy: 4 -It was pretty close but the real deal was a little more dense than this one
- Taste: 4 -Very tasty but just a little too much like cake than cornbread
Starbucks Caramel Apple Cider:
- Accuracy: 3.5 -This recipe actually had more apple taste and was way less sweet
- Taste: 4.5 -This was one of my favorites too, I’ll definitely make it again
Starbucks Lemon Pound Cake:
- Accuracy: 4 -It wasn’t as lemony as the original
- Taste: 5 -It was a fan favorite for sure