How about them apples!
|Put foil on for the last 30 minutes, so it does not end up crispy like mine lol|
The set up
|All your ingredients for greatness|
|Every thing I used, except the oven|
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus more for sprinkling
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, to taste
- 7 medium apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, juiced
Mix together the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a small bowl. In another bowl, sprinkle apples with the juice of 1 lemon and toss. Stir in the sugar mixture to evenly coat the apples. Set aside.
Open the package and use 1 round to line a 9-inch pie pan. Mound the apple and sugar mixture into the pie pan lined with dough. Dot with the cubed butter.
Place the remaining round on top of apple mound. Trim the overhanging dough and crimp edges.