My friend Sara first made these cake mix cookies for me back in college from her Aunt’s recipe. They are one of my favorite cookies of all time – gooey, chewy goodness. I love the lemon ones but my husband is a huge chocolate fan so I tried the recipe with chocolate cake mix too.
- 1 8oz. package of cool whip (found in the frozen section)
- 1 box of cake mix (I used lemon and chocolate, but try any of them!)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the powdered sugar in a small bowl.
- Mix the cool whip, cake mix and egg together – I used my kitchen aid.
- Rub some powdered sugar on your hands to keep the sticky down and grab a small spoonful of dough. Drop the dough into the powdered sugar so it covers the whole cookie ball.
- Drop the ball on the cookie sheet, you will have 12 per sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes – do not overcook, they should be super chewy
Makes approx. 2 dozen
My amazing nanny, Erica, recently made these for her sister’s birthday and tried funfetti cake mix and then made a sandwich with chocolate frosting – so creative!
What flavor would you or have you tried?